Annual General Meeting
Our AGM was held on 8th March. Our chair read out her Presidents Report, and a summary of it is included in this Community News.
We were pleased to appoint Mr Phil Douglas as the returning officer, and then proceeded with the appointment of officers for 2023. They are:
Chair – Claire Podlich
Secretary and Public Officer – Poppe Zouroudis
Treasurer – Verena Mauldon
2 committee members – Elaine Raines and Glynnis Golsby
We then held our General Committee Meeting where we moved forward with the following items: –
- District Image Making grant – this is for the signage to welcome visitors to our beautiful area.
- We discussed the Council’s draft plan of management for community land and sent off a submission asking some questions.
- We are still waiting to learn more about the Aboriginal Cultural Tourism Grant and agreed to invite members of the Darkinjung community to our meetings.
- We would like to extend the placement of defibrillators beyond Lower Mangrove, so that this vital life saving equipment is accessible to all of us.
- The Area Emergency Plan is progressing well, with a number of CB radios handed out and being tested.
- Mangrove Mountain Landfill- while we are still waiting for the Court of Appeals to hand down its judgement (in the Land and Environment Court case), we keep reaching out to politicians, ensuring that they are aware of the situation.
We have a website: mountaindistrictsassociation.com.au where you can find more information about our group.